The day of Eid will either be on Saturday May 23 or Sunday May 24, inshaAllah. It will be decided for sure by Friday midnight and posted here. Stay tuned. Please read below regarding the Eid Prayer at KIC.
Michigan law exempts places of Religious Worship from the stay at home order. According to Executive Order 2020-77 signed on May 7, 2020 by Governor Whitmer – No individual is subject to penalty for engaging in or traveling to engage in religious worship at a place of religious worship.
Watch a video by Imam Nauman on detailed logistics of the Eid Prayer at KIC and Community Concerns:
CLICK HERE TO WATCH
The Board of Trustees of the Kalamazoo Islamic Center (KIC) has approved the holding of Eid Prayers in a restricted manner and FOR THOSE WHO PRE-REGISTER FOR AN AVAILABLE TIME SLOT. Please read everything below then proceed to register if you will attend.
The following rules will have to be followed if attending the Eid Prayer:
- No children allowed.
- Can not enter KIC if you have been sick or in close proximity to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
- Will bring your own prayer rug, pray on marked spots, and wear a mask when visiting KIC.
- Will follow all the rules set forth at KIC to prevent the spread of disease including social distancing and anything else the Security team deems necessary.
- Will only enter KIC 10 minutes or less before the prayer time slot you register for.
- Will not socialize or loiter on KIC premises before or after the prayer.
There will be prayers every 30 minutes from 8:00am to 11:00am for those who registered. Each prayer will last 5-10 minutes and you have to leave promptly after the end of prayer.
The khutbah will be live streamed on Youtube at 12:00pm on Imam Nauman’s Youtube channel:
CLICK HERE TO VISIT
Eid Prayer Registration for Men (click on a time to register)
Eid Prayer Registration for Women (click on a time to register)
If you have registered for a time slot by mistake then please leave a comment below asking to delete your name from that time slot.