Kalamazoo Islamic Center (KIC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the Muslim community of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Conveniently located between Chicago and Detroit, KIC is in the heart of the city, near Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College, 1520 West Michigan Ave. We are a hub for the well-being and growth of the local Muslim community, offering a range of services and programs to support its members.
Since 1975, KIC has been providing a welcoming and supportive environment for Muslims in the area, including:
- Daily prayers, including Friday prayers
- Special prayers during Ramadan and Eid
- Iftars on weekends during Ramadan
- Collection and distribution of Zakat and Sadaqa to those in need
- Islamic education classes
- A library with a wide collection of Islamic books and resources
- An Islamic Sunday school teaching Quran, Hadith, Islamic Studies, and Arabic
- Support for the Muslim Student Association at Western Michigan University
Beyond serving its community, KIC is also committed to educating and building bridges with the wider public, offering information and lectures about Islam to non-Muslims and the media. The center warmly invites all members of the community to participate in its activities and work towards a common goal of serving Allah.
“Discover the Heart of the Muslim Community: Welcome to Kalamazoo Islamic Center”