Kalamazoo Islamic Center (KIC) is located at 1520 West Michigan Ave. in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It is conveniently located between Chicago and Detroit and is home for Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College. The Muslim community in Kalamazoo is well established, contributing to the richness and diversity.
Since 1975, KIC has been serving the Muslims in Kalamazoo and its surroundings. KIC is a non-profit organization dedicated and committed to its mission in supporting the Muslim community, helping Muslims to live an Islamic way of life and providing services to nurture their well being. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing the 5 daily prayers, the Friday prayer, Tarawih prayers and Eid prayers
- Serving Iftars on weekends during the month of Ramadan
- Collecting and distributing Zakat and Sadaqa to the needy
- Offering classes and Islamic education to members of the community
- A library which includes a wide collection of important Islamic books and references as well as audiovisual tapes
- Islamic Sunday school teaching Quran, Hadith, Islamic Studies and Arabic
- Collaborates and supports the Muslim Student Association at Western Michigan University (WMU)
In addition to its commitment in serving the Muslim community, KIC has been active in providing information and lectures about Islam to the non-Muslim community and the media, to help in building bridges in our community for better communication and understanding.
KIC encourages all the members of the community to actively participate in its various activities and to work for the cause of Allah (swt) seeking His reward in this life and in the hereafter.